"You can put a caption for your image right here"

ROMANIAN ACADEMY

Institute of Geography
About us


Periodicals



The journal, founded in 1957, was titled Revue Roumaine de Géologie, et de Géographie until 1963, Revue Roumaine de Géologie, Géophysique, et de Géographie, Série de géographie, between 1964-1989, and Revue Roumaine de Géographie from 1990 to 2009, one issue/year.
The journal, permanently issued under the aegis of the Romanian Academy, reflected developments and trends in Romanian Geography, also publishing many of the most valuable research results obtained in this country. In time, it included papers presented at international scientific events held in Romania, among which articles written by foreign specialists.
Beginning with volume 53/2009, Revue Roumaine de Géographie, published under the aegis of the Romanian Academy, will be issued twice a year.
The publication of the journal in a new format, benefiting from the contribution of an international group of reviewers, is intended to continue past preoccupations and enlarge international relations by including outstanding studies of foreign researchers.
The host of problems posed after 1990 by transition from a centralised system to the free market economy, focus on the complex relations between society and environmental change, sustainable development, urbanisation and the development of metropolitan areas, natural and technological hazards, etc. As well as current issues of Central and South-Eastern Europe, e.g. cross-border co-operation in the eastern extremity of the European Union in the Lower Danube Basin and the Black Sea Basin, etc.

For more details and content visit: www.rjgeo.ro



Revista Geografică (Geographical Journal), a publication of the Romanian Academy's Institute of Geography, has been capturing the interest of many specialists from fundamental and applied research institutions, profile faculties high-schools, and foreign geographers from Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, France, Germany, Ukraine, Israel, etc.
Revista Geografică is an annual periodical that was first published between 1944-1947, right after the foundation of the Institute of Geography following the Second World War.
The new series of the Journal (Tome I) was put out in 1994 at the 50th anniversary of the Institute.
The Journal includes studies from all the fields of geography, some with a marked theoretical, applied and methodological character. Other contributions tackle topics of historical geography, geographical toponymy, geography of tourism, geopolitics, geomorphology, climatology, hydrology, biogeography, environmental issues, risk and hazards, etc.